Let's talk about Mounts! (No not a video game mount ya nerds)

What is up my good people! How is everyone? Good? If not….um well? Sorry bout that??? Ok so we’re gonna continue our talk about how one would go about taking a picture of our best bud the Orion Nebula! Is everyone ready?!?!?! Sit yourselves down, open your freakin ears, it's time to do some learning! So last time we learned about what a mount is (For the last time Jeffery we are not talking about Horses or Giant rideable wolves)


I had a little too much fun making the "No Riding Wolves" sign. It took me like half an hour to make that one part of the picture but I think it was worth it. I will hold onto my MS Paint crown until someone pries it from my cold dead hands. Photoshop? Who's she? MS Paint is the only one for me!


we also learned about the fact that there are other types of filters in the world (Go figure). This week we are going to put together what we have learned to create a picture. So the first step is to make sure that it is a nice clear night out away from light pollution. Oh wait I gotta explain light pollution. Ok kids get on that Magic School bus we’re gonna go on a trip! So you guys know how there are lots of lights in the world??? Well for the Astrophotographers that is a bad thing. That’s because when you try to take a picture and there is a lot of light in the area your picture will come out either fuzzy blurry or white (Legault 2014). Ok so light pollution = Bad. Moving on! Next you want to use a telescope and a CCD camera ( you can get an attacty thingy that will hold the camera up to the telescope). Next you want to make sure this is all hooked up on a Mount and you’re almost ready to take a super professional picture (Legault 2014). I see some of you look a bit sleepy so I’ll set you free for now but I’ll be back! Buh-Bye now! Buh-Bye!

Works Cited
Legault, T. (2014). Astrophotography. Santa Barbara, CA: Rocky Nook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Planet From Hell

The Little Robot Who Could