A Super Duper Fancy Camera

Hello ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary pals. Your girl ROBEA is back to do some more learning for you guys! This week we will be derailing from Orion Nebula (Sorry bae). But the show must go on! This week we will be talking about the type of camera that can be used to take a picture of the Orion Nebula or any astronomical object (look at that I’m using big girl words go me!). The name of this wonderful camera is CCD or charge coupled device (Nice 2006).


Retrieved from: http://industrialcamerasales.com/product/sony-xces30/?v=8f2564d40946
(I know, I know ROBEA where is the cringy picture?? What is this actually showing us a picture of what you are talking about? Well fam squad, I had to show you a real picture of the camera so you know what the heck it looks like.)


The most common use of a CCD camera is to take pictures of space since it is a very sensitive camera. The way a CCD camera takes a picture is pretty cool (I mean if you hate astronomy it won’t be cool to you but now I have a question for you. Why are you here?? For the people who are nerds like me prepare yourselves). Now this camera isn’t a normal camera at all, it takes pictures by taking in the light and letting it bounce over the pores in its surface (Nice 2006). Hey! Hey, don't look at me like I’m crazy! That is how the CCD works and it's pretty effective because it is able to take pictures of deep space if it is attracted to a telescope. Now that I have expanded your horizons a bit more I shall be off to another adventure. Toodaloo my lovely readers!
Works Cited

Nice, K., Wilson, T. V., & Gurevich, G. (2006, November 29). How Digital Cameras Work. Retrieved October 30, 2018, from https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/cameras-photography/digital/digital-camera2.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Planet From Hell

The Little Robot Who Could